When it's time to consider replacing your A/C unit, it's important to consider a few factors. Our Comfort Technicians are knowledgeable and equipped to guide you to the best unit applicable for your specific situation.
We've been a Carrier factory-authorized dealer for many years, and won their President's Award in each of the last four years in a row.
See below for what to expect during your new A/C system, including questions technicians may ask, cost, and more.
What to Expect During Your New A/C Installation
In most cases, your installation will take a full day of work. If new air ducts are needed, it will take an additional 1-2 days to complete the A/C installation.
Your old system will be removed. Technicians will connect your air conditioning unit to your ductwork.
Your thermostat will be checked inside your home to ensure that your new unit is working properly.
Questions from an A/C Technician
Our expert technicians will ask you a range of questions to better assess the type of unit needed, and the work it will require to install it. In addition, they will check parts of your current system. Questions they may ask include:
- Do you have a central air conditioning system or a split air conditioning system?
- What is the square footage of your home or office?
- This will ensure the right size and capacity A/C unit is picked for your space. Too-small units must work harder to cool, putting more stress on the unit.
Parts of your current system they will check include:
- The duct system in place.
- If your ducts are deteriorating, duct replacement may be recommended. This will ensure your A/C unit is operating at optimal efficiency, as ducts that are old reduce efficiency significantly.
- If you have hot or cold spots in the house, dust issues, and whether anyone in your household has had asthma or allergy issues.
- The load on the electric circuit to be used.
- Checking the circuit ensures there won’t be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
- Energy consumption.
- Concerns about energy consumption will be addressed. For most households we can offer 2-4 different system models across a spectrum of efficiency (the “S.E.E.R.”) rating options and other comfort-enhancing features.
Why Emergency Air When Purchasing a New A/C Unit?
Since 1997, Emergency Air Heating and Cooling has been installing new A/C units for commercial and residential customers in Phoenix. Our team will install your new system promptly, thoroughly, and with the utmost consideration for your property and time, so you can start using it as soon as possible.
At Emergency Air, we:
- Listen to the needs of our customers and respond quickly.
- Provide competitive pricing in addition to financing options.
- Maintain qualified technicians who are up to date in industry best practices.
- Believe in high-quality solutions rooted in customer care. We strive to deliver our best work, every time.
Common Questions About New A/C Units
Brand new A/C unit or repair?
The first step in determining when to move forward with a new A/C unit installation is considering its age. If properly maintained, air conditioning units can last up to 20 years. Good quality units from reputable brands tend to last longer, 15 – 20 years. However, if your unit is 10+ years old and experiencing frequent breakdowns/repairs, you should consider both the cost of repairs and how many parts or components need to be fixed. Also, the energy efficiency of modern systems declines over time. In the end, you may have more cost savings with a brand-new A/C unit.
Our expert technicians at Emergency Air can give you a recommendation on how to move forward with either a repair plan or A/C installation based on your current situation.
What is the cost of a new A/C system?
The types of the A/C systems, the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating and the tonnage of A/C units are factors considered by manufacturers and sellers when determining the price of air conditioners. Of course, some brands are more expensive than others. Emergency Air technicians can help you decide on the best unit for your budget and your needs.
Subject to credit approval, Emergency Air has financing options if you have a tight budget. Check out our financing options with our online customer representatives.