With so much focus on the outdoor environment, natural resources, and conserving energy, indoor air quality doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. However, you really should consider the quality of the indoor air you breathe, as it’s crucial to your health and well-being.
If you’re like most Americans, you spend the majority of your time indoors. The quality of the air you breathe during much of your day should be taken into consideration. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, studies show that indoor levels of pollutants may be 2 to 5 times (and sometimes approximately 100 times!) higher than outdoor pollutant levels. That’s a statistic that should be taken seriously if you’re concerned about your health.
Below, we’ve compiled some helpful visual resources to give you a better understanding about indoor air quality.
Top 5 Indoor Air Quality Infographics
We’ve gathered together five of our favorite infographics that illustrate the unfortunate ugly truth about indoor air quality, and what you can do to improve the quality of your home’s indoor air.
- Think you know everything you need to know about Indoor Air Quality? This infographic, “11 Surprising Facts About Indoor Air Quality” could expose you to some unexpected truths about your home’s air quality.
- Allergens aren’t just a nuisance for those of us who battle with seasonal pollen. Air quality can also be compromised with other types of allergens found within your home. If you or a loved one suffers from allergies, you’ll want to check out this Infographic on “7 Allergens in Your Home That You Don’t Know About”.
- Indoor air quality isn’t just important to your comfort, it’s also crucial to your health. This infographic titled “The Health Effects of Poor Indoor Air Quality” covers the health consequences that you and your loved ones could suffer if exposed to poor quality air for long periods of time.
- This infographic boasts “Everything You Need to Know About Indoor Air Pollution”, and we’d say that it pretty much covers all the bases. This graphic outlines important stats, health risks, and ways to combat air pollutants within your home.
- If you’ve read through the infographics above and feel a bit nervous about the quality of your home’s air… have no fear, houseplants are here! This handy infographic outlines the best houseplants that will help improve your indoor air quality. From Bob Vila, check out “Best Houseplants for Indoor Air Quality” . Houseplants not only add a lovely green touch to any room they are displayed in, with just a little bit of TLC, they can really help reduce the amount of indoor pollutants within your home’s air by converting offensive gases into breathable oxygen.
Now that you’ve been inspired to clean up your home’s indoor air, we can jump start the process by doing a tune up on your HVAC system. We also offer maintenance plans for effortless peace of mind. Don’t continue to breathe poor quality air… give us a call today, and find out how we can help you achieve better air quality in your home! 602-400-0000